Thursday, January 26, 2012

keep witing to document process!

Ok now actually one year passed and I hadn't written any posts..
but will continue with a short description:
I am now back to LIU to finish the thesis left since last year. topic: quality of life for elderly people in Iran.
(with service design approach)
I had written the theoretical part about SD which I will post about it later.
Then focused on the probe analyzing methods by reading books like: Design Probes and Bringing the Everyday Life of People into Design
I had designed and collected probes last year.
From now on I will write the analyzing method I have:
Yesterday I put walls in my working room. Cardboard walls would help me see probe materials all together. So I pasted the materials on it in groups for each participants. Later I went back to my notes from the probes (the first insight by browsing quickly through the probes), wrote notes on post-its and pasted on the probe materials on the walls.

*I had selected a number of pictures from the probes and put them on a small panel in my room, even before this step, just to keep my emotional relationship with the participants and to not forget them in the other steps of the project.

*I was photographing every step and will try to put pictures later.

No comments: